A primary output of our research is the software codes that implement our algorithmic developments for applications in fluid dynamics and other scientific fields. We are passionate about delivering high-quality open-source software.
Nektar++ is our primary research code, which uses novel high-order methods to provide high-fidelity solutions for fluid dynamics and other computational engineering problems. Unlike many other high-order codes, it is specifically designed to support complex geometries, and we are applying it in a variety of industrial and academic settings.Visit the Nektar++ website View the code
Other open-source projects
Although most of our effort is dedicated to the development of Nektar++, there are also some other open-source projects that are under development by members of this group.
- PyAppointment: a Django-based webapp for booking appointments that checks for availability and books events into your calendar. Can be used to e.g. allow students to book appointment slots with me.
- MailFromSmtp: an Apple Mail bundle which allows a separate SMTP server to be used for each identity.
- Reflection: a WordPress theme using YAPB.
- mjwrapper: a bridge between CoreMIDI and Java.
- ipbLatex: a plugin for rendering LaTeX strings in threads and posts for IP.Board (previously vbLatex).
- Science Forums: Previously an administrator on one of the world’s busiest science-dedicated forums.